Township Superintendent's OfficeTammy Kline - Township Superintendent
989-739-3211 Ext. 201
Tara Lyons - Assistant to the Superintendent
989-739-3211 Ext. 201
The Superintendent serves in a similar capacity as that of a manager of a municipality. The Superintendent is not an elected position. The Superintendent position is contracted, which reports to and serves at the pleasure of the Board of Trustees.
In 1991, the Township Board appointed the first Oscoda Township Superintendent and delegated any or all of the duties listed below.
Township Superintendent Duties include, but are not limited to:
- To see that all laws and township ordinances are enforced;
- To manage and supervise all public improvements, works, and undertakings of the township;
- To have charge of the construction, repair, maintenance, lighting, and cleaning of streets, sidewalks, bridges, pavements, sewers, and of all the public buildings or other property belonging to the township;
- To manage and supervise the operation of all township utilities;
- To be responsible for the preservation of property, tools, and appliances of the township;
- To see that all terms and conditions imposed in favor of the township or its inhabitants in any public utility franchise, or in any contract, are faithfully kept and performed;
- To attend all meetings of the township board, with the right to take part in discussions, but without the right to vote;
- To be a member, ex officio, of all committees of the township board;
- To prepare and administer the annual budget under policies formulated by the township board and keep the said board fully advised at all times as to the financial condition and needs of the township;
- To recommend to the township board for adoption such measures as he may deem necessary or expedient;
- To be responsible to the township board for the efficient administration of all departments of the township government;
- To act as the purchasing agent for the township or, under his responsibility, delegate such duties to some other officer or employee;
- To conduct all sales of personal property which the township board may authorize to be sold;
- To assume all the duties and responsibilities as personnel director of all township employees or delegate such duties to some other officer or employee;
- To perform such other duties as may be prescribed by this act or required of him by ordinance or by the direction of the township board, or which are not assigned to some other official in conformity with the provisions of this act.