The Treasurer’s Office offers a variety of convenient ways to pay fees and taxes:
- Credit/debit card
- Electronic debit (ACH) from your checking or savings account
The table below lists the payment methods available for the most common types of fees/taxes. In the left column identify the type of fee/tax you want to pay then look to the right to see which payment options are available.
|Cash||Check||Credit/Debit Card||Online||Over-the-Phone||Electronic Debit (ACH)|
|FOIA fees||In-person||In-person||In-person||Not available||Not available||Not available|
(up to due date)
||In-person, Online||Click to Pay Online||Call
|Requires an active Electronic Debit agreement|
|Refer to “Paying Delinquent Taxes”||Refer to “Paying Delinquent Taxes”||Refer to “Paying Delinquent Taxes”||Refer to “Paying Delinquent Taxes”||Refer to “Paying Delinquent Taxes”||Refer to “Paying Delinquent Taxes”|
|Township rentals (Warrior Pavilion)||In-person||In-person,
||In-person||Not available||Not available||Not available|
|Seasonal Launch Fee||In-person||In-person||In-person||Not available||Not available||Not available|
|Water/Sewer connection fees||In-person||In-person||In-person||Not available||Not available||Not available|
|Water/Sewer monthly bills||In-person||In-person,
||In-person||Click to Pay Online||Call
|Requires an active Electronic Debit agreement|
We’ve found that when residents and property owners are familiar with our payment options they make more informed decisions as to when and how they pay their Township fees and taxes. The payment options offered by the Treasurer’s office are explained in more detail below.
Cash: Cash is ideal for in-person payments. For security purposes, do not mail cash payments to the Treasurer’s office.
Checks and Money Orders: Checks and money orders must be made payable to “Oscoda Township” for the exact amount due. We do not provide a cash-back service. We accept checks drawn on local and out-of-state financial institutions. We do not accept third-party checks.
In-person credit/debit card payments: You can use your credit or debit card to a fee or tax bill in-person at the Treasurer’s office.Online credit/debit card payments: You can now pay property taxes and water bills online with a one-time payment by electronic check, credit, or debit card.
- To pay a property tax bill up to the date the tax is due, click here.
- To pay a property tax bill that’s past due, click link to “Paying Delinquent Taxes” page.
- To pay a water/sewer monthly bill, click here.
- The convenience fee is 3% of the tax bill with a minimum of $1.50.
- The convenience fee for an e-check is a flat $3.00.
- To pay a balance between $0.01 and $50.00, there is a $1.50 convenience fee.
- To pay a balance between $50.01 and $100.00, there is a $3.00 convenience fee.
- To pay a balance between $101.00 and $200.00, there is a $6.00 convenience fee.
- To pay a balance between $201.00 and $300.00, there is a $9.00 convenience fee.
- To pay a balance over $300.01, there is a convenience fee of $3.00 per $100.00 or fraction thereof. For example, the convenience fee to pay a balance of $456.78 is $15.00.
If you have any questions regarding the online or in-person payment options, please contact us at (989) 739-3211 Extension 230. We will be happy to help you.
Electronic Debit (ACH) payments: The following FAQs will help you understand how this service works.
- What fees/taxes can I pay by electronic debit (ACH)?
ACH payments are meant for recurring fees and taxes, such as your monthly water/sewer bill and your winter and summer taxes
- When will my account be debited?
If you sign up to pay your monthly water/sewer bill by ACH, we will electronically debit the amount due from your checking or savings account on or before the due date. Water/Sewer bills are due on the 25th of each month. Payments are debited electronically on the 23rd of each month. Your bill will confirm in the lower-left corner when the amount due will be deducted from your account.
If you sign up to pay your property taxes by ACH, we will electronically debit the amount due from your checking or savings account one time on or before the due date of your summer and winter tax bills.
- What if I only want to pay my monthly water/sewer bill by ACH but not my property taxes?
No problem. You choose whether you want to pay both your monthly water/sewer bill and taxes by ACH, just your monthly water/sewer bill, or just your property taxes.
- How much will scheduled ACH payments cost me?
There is no charge for this service. The Township Board of Trustees considers this a valuable service to the community and an efficient, cost-effective alternative to an in-person visit. Oscoda Township absorbs the cost for this service and offers it to residents and property owners free of charge.
- How do I sign up?
- If you have a printer available, simply click here, print the form, fill it out, and return the completed form to the Treasurer’s Office.
- If you don’t have a printer, you can stop by the Treasurer's Office to fill the form in-person.
- How long does it take to set up electronic debit (ACH) payments?
Once the Treasurer’s office receives your completed enrollment form, the Treasurer’s office requires 30 business days to set up this payment service for you.
If your monthly water/sewer bill or and your winter and summer taxes will be due within 30 business days, confirm with the Treasurer’s office whether the ACH payment will be made before the due date. You may need to make a one-time payment using a different payment option to give the Treasurer’s office time to set up Electronic Debit payment service for you.
- How do I cancel electronic debit payments?
Once you’ve set up electronic debit payments, this service can only be stopped with written notification by the account holder. Contact the Treasurer’s office for more information.